Saturday, May 29, 2010

Building Athens - The Delivery!

Building Athens - 5/29/2010

Hellow Fellow Travelers!

The book shipment arrived yesterday at 3:00PM ET. I am the proud father of a Bouncing baby book. I'm very tempted to refer to the new arrival as a "she" since the name reflects "Athena." (Let me know your thoughts on this; as in, Hiram and Boaz have a baby sister...)

I spent the latter part of my evening hours yesterday signing (sometimes noting), packaging the pre-ordered books and addressing them to the various Brothers and others who supported me in getting this book to press.   As of this moment, I packed up a total of 88 books for shipment today.

I am whelmed looking at the support, encouragement and trust that my Brothers have invested in my direction.

I'm speechless, (so I write. )

Some things you might find interesting about the relationship between the "Uncommon Catachism for Uncommom Masonic Education" Family members:

Building Athens is focused upon the Work of the FC.
  • It places special emphasis upon the benefits of this Work, the Work required to adjust the Perfect Ashlar to prepare it for Raising and how critical it is that Masons do it to help Raise them toward Mastery.
  • It has 42,773 words with 65 illustrations and over 40 encryptions (in a variety of Forms...).
  • This makes Building Athens19% more verbose than Building Boaz and 38% more verbose than Building Hiram.
  • There were fewer illustrations this time due to the overwhelming amount of words. 
  • There are 1438 I/R pairs in this book.  That's an average of 119 per chapter.
Building Boaz is focused upon the Work of the EA.
  • It places special emphasis upon transforming the Rough Ashlar into the Perfect Ashlar.
  • It has 35,825 words with 80 illustrations and quite a few (simpler) encryptions.
  • This makes Building Boaz 38% more verbose than Building Hiram.
  • There are 1267 I/R pairs in this book. That's an average of 106 per chapter.
Building Hiram is focused upon the connections between the three Blue Lodge Degrees.

  • It places special emphasis upon Integrity and the benefits reaped for being true to one's Word.
  • It has 31,077 words with 80 illustrations and quite a few (more complicated) encryptions.
  • There's more but I want to make a run to the post office before it closes for the day.
  • There are 1103 I/R pairs in this book. That's an average of 92 per chapter.
Thank you Brothers. Your encouragment helped make this effort possible.

Fraternally,

Brother Coach N

No comments: