Sunday, September 12, 2010

Building Books Makes Scottish Rite Journal - ONCE AGAIN!

Building Series - 9/12/2010

Hello Fellow Travelers!

I receive quite a suprise today. After asking a recent book purchaser how he heard about my books, he replied:

I'm exploring freemasonry and James Tresner recommended your first
two books in his book reviews on the Scottish Rite Journal website.

I felt oddly confused reading this as I recall that Brother James Tresner had only written one review in the Scottish Rite Journal last year and that was on "Building Hiram" and not on my second book "Building Boaz."

Being curious, I did a quick search on the web and found that Brother Tresner had indeed written another review, made generous comment on both my books and it was in the most recent SRJ book review for the Oct. 2010 edition. He wrote the following:

General Masonic Education

Building Hiram: Uncommon Catechism for Uncommon Masonic Education and Building Boaz: Uncommon Catechism for Uncommon Masonic Education, Volume 2 by Dr. John S. Nagy (buildinghiram.blogspot.com) —
  1. I find both these books especially helpful in Masonic education. [italics added]
  2. Written in a Q & A format, these little books explore many of the ideas of the Blue Lodge Degrees.
  3. They provide a lot of insight and more or less “trick” you into thinking more deeply about the symbols and structures of Freemasonry.
  4. You can find them on the Internet.
I've already sent a quick "thankyou" note to Brother Tresner for assisting our Brothers in finding and obtaining Further Light.

For those of you who have come to this link to find out more, you can find these books at the following links:


Fraternally,

Brother Coach N

No comments: