Wednesday, September 25, 2024

FILED UNDER: Masterful Learning Secret

 

FILED UNDER: Masterful Learning Secret


Do you seriously desire to better understand, better know, and better retain what you make effort to learn?

Do you want to know the absolutely BEST way to super-leverage your every effort to make your learning happen more swiftly, regularly, and deeply?


THE KEY: Approach ALL your learning efforts as if you're teaching that information to others every time you make any effort to learn anything.

If you do not believe this technique works, test it out first before you dismiss it.

AS AN ASIDE: I've used this method for over half my life and I credit it as the one true reason I have learned and retained as well as I have.

HOW'S IT DONE: I have an imaginary presence within my imagination that plays the part of an inquisitive & interested student who forces me to explain in detail what I'm making effort to learn. When what I'm learning is unclear, this student asks me to go over it again and again until I'm able to explain it fully, concisely, and clearly. When I cannot, I know I don't know the material(s). That student also ask "what ifs" to make sure I'm not fooling myself into thinking I have the basics down. I know I need to know the materials inside and out, and from all angles. This imaginary student helps me in that knowing!

AS A RESULT (of this technique): When I teach others (imaginary or real), I learn as well, if not more!

ADDITIONALLY: I reach out and discuss the materials with those individuals who I know would appreciate discussing them. These discussions further re-enforce my learning, and help raise supporting issues and holes that need to be worked upon. And those individuals I bring into the discussion walk away from it with a better understanding of the materials as well.

And it works, every single time!

-- Coach John S Nagy

No comments: