Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Random Building Thoughts - 2024-04-16

  

-------------- MEME SQUAD --------------  
 

Although each Brother 
may assign different meanings 
to the Twenty-Four Inch Gauge, 
the fundamentals remain the same:

BALANCE among the THREE
 such that no one area 
suffers due to any other.
 
-------------- CHARACTER --------------  
 
 
For Further Light:
 
 
-------------- THE WOOWOO FACTOR --------------  


The "Woowoo" Factor
 is any esoteric, metaphysical, or mystical talk 
that boldly goes beyond 
rational, sensible, and realistic dimensions 
and into the realm of unschooled fantasy 
and wishful fabrication. 
 
I encounter this factor in some people 
when I make effort to seriously talk 
about Freemasonry and its Practices.
 
 -------------- KNOW IT! -------------- 
 

When you Know the Truth, 
Participation in Craft Activities 
Takes on an Entirely Different Light; 
One that Makes all the Difference 
in Your World.
 
For Further Light:
Truth...
 
-------------- HUMOR --------------  
 

When I was young my father said to me:
 
"Knowledge is Power...Francis Bacon"
 
I understood it as "Knowledge is power, France is Bacon".
 
For more than a decade I wondered over the meaning of the second part and what was the surreal linkage between the two? If I said the quote to someone, "Knowledge is power, France is Bacon" they nodded knowingly. Or someone might say, "Knowledge is power" and I'd finish the quote "France is Bacon" and they wouldn't look at me like I'd said something very odd but thoughtfully agree. I did ask a teacher what did "Knowledge is power, France is bacon" mean and got a full 10 minute explanation of the Knowledge is power bit but nothing on "France is bacon". When I prompted further explanation by saying "France is Bacon?" in a questioning tone I just got a "yes". at 12 I didn't have the confidence to press it further. I just accepted it as something I'd never understand.
 
It wasn't until years later I saw it written down that the penny dropped.
 
(Lard Baron answering: What word or phrase did you totally misunderstand as a child?)
 
(Hat tip to Brother Nick Adair)
 
-------------- SPECTATOR --------------  
 
 
Until you do the Work, 
you'll have but an Inkling 
as to the Transformation 
such Work shall Wrought. 
 
Devoid of such Work, 
you'll be but a Spectator 
in the Arena of 
Manhood and Age.
    
-------------- MYTH --------------  
 

-------------- DO THE WORK! --------------  
 

You Shan't Improve 
Avoiding the Very Work 
That Improves You. 
Do the Work; 
Improve!
 
-------------- SPECULATION --------------  
 
 
Speculation Has Always Been 
A Part of Masonry. 
Without Practical Operation, 
Its Quality Greatly Diminishes.
 
For Further Light:
Speculation...
 
-------------- SCIENTISTS --------------  
 
 
 
The word, "scientist" 
was uttered for the first time in 1833 
(only 183 years ago). 
Prior to that moment, 
people who pursued scientific aims 
were known as "natural philosophers". 
 
For Further Light:

  
-------------- END --------------

 Be Well and Travel Light!
-- Coach Nagy ;-)

 PS: Subscribe to get daily notifications

You can also find me on:

https://mewe.com/i/john_snagy

https://www.facebook.com/johns.nagy

Educational Materials can be found here:

 
 
 
 

No comments: