Tuesday, January 11, 2022

RIP My Dear Friend & Bro. Luther "Chop" Bodiford

  

Jubalum has finally laid down our dearly loved Brother Luther "Chop" Bodiford early this morning. 

 

For those who knew Brother Chop, he had circumambulated around our worldly third degree floor, dealing so exceedingly well with the demands of time, virtue, and completion, that he brushed off these three ruffians his first eight times around. We were all certainly surprised with his innate ability to shrug off these ruffians every time, that we took it on faith and for granted that there was a Godly reason Chop remained with us after each go around.

Alas, on his ninth time around this worldly arena, he was met with a striking blow that he could not shrug off.

This morning Brother Chop's pillar was finally cracked in two. His fractured pillar has left a huge hole in Tallahassee's Freemasonic community. This hole is so deep and so wide that it will take at least five Brothers to fill.

When I think of Freemasonry in North-West Florida, Brother Chop was the first caring soul that comes to my heart and mind. 
 
Brother Chop's love of the Fraternity and our Brothers was overwhelmingly vast. Any effort to convey it in words will fall so short, that to even begin to express it would not do any justice or good service to it.  Those who knew him will agree. So, I will leave it unsaid. 

Chop....my dear friend & brother... you inspired me to show up, question, research, write, publish, share, care, engage, be there for our fellow Masons, and even willingly & courageously face our Fraternal Ruffians, daily. I sincerely believe that you are still poking me with that sharp trowel of encouragement to show up and do what needs to be done to assist our Brothers toward Masonry. 
 
Your presence in my life is still felt, and your love as well.

I pray that you find your place among heavenly offices, willingly serve our angelic Brothers, and push the limits of Brotherly Love & Affection there as you did here.

Rest in peace, my dear friend. You have certainly earned it nine times over.

Fraternally, Sincerely, and Lovingly, Your Brother & Friend,

John

 

No comments: